|| Statement of Faith
We are a non-profit, faith-based Christian ministry. We exist to give glory to God by means of the holistic, integrated mission exemplified by His Son Jesus Christ. This mission is primarily characterized by service and love, first towards God, and then towards our neighbor, those who live nearby, and those who live in other lands, particularly the poor, the oppressed, and those who have not yet heard the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Our mission is to respond to God's call to care for, educate and protect every human being who suffers extreme poverty, abuse or lack of protection in Honduras, to promote in them self-sufficiency and sustainable development in the quality of their lives in the communities where we are present, and also to empower leaders to share the Good News of God in Christ Jesus. To that end, our ministries include:
* The spiritual and practical formation of Hondurans for cross-cultural ministry to the unreached peoples of the world.
* The Christ centered, joyful evangelism, which is incorporated into all of our ministries.
* The formal kindergarten and primary education for inner city children, with an emphasis on Biblical principles and a Christian worldview.
* Daytime care and discipleship of the children in our daycare ministry, including spiritual and social programs for their families, who all live in poverty.
* The provision of university scholarships for young people in our impoverished neighborhood, Flor del Campo, who share our vision and who aid us in its implementation.
* The provision of food for the destitute of our neighborhood.
* A community ministry, which focuses on ?the least of these', including microbusinesses, homebuilding and home repair partnerships with families, counseling, workshops on personal and family issues, preventive healthcare and medical brigades, Bible studies and worship services.
* The ongoing care and discipleship of the abandoned and abused children and young people in our residential home.
* The ongoing, jealous protection of our and the world's children, including programs and strategies to protect Honduran children from being exploited in the sex and labor trafficking industries.
* Involvement in local and international movements which seek to end corruption, injustice, exploitation, oppression and poverty.
* and partnerships with churches, individuals and organizations in Honduras and in other countries who offer physical, economic and spiritual support, and who receive from LAMB an introduction to integrated, holistic Christian ministry based on a personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
We believe that the Bible, consisting of the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments, is God's written Word, revealing His character and purposes. What it contains is inspired by the Holy Spirit, fully reliable and without error. It is the final authority in all matters relating to Christian faith and behavior, and contains all things necessary for our salvation.
We believe in a triune God who exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe in God the Father, maker of heaven and earth, who is the source of all things good. He initiates creation and redemption, which He accomplishes through His Son and the Holy Spirit. We believe in Jesus Christ, the only Son of the Father, both fully God and fully man. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life in perfect submission to the Father. He suffered, died by crucifixion, and rose bodily after three days. He ascended into heaven where He reigns at the right hand of the Father and
intercedes on behalf of His people. He will return in glory, accomplish the final triumph over evil and will resurrect His people to eternal life with Him. We believe in the Holy Spirit who indwells all believers, empowering us to love and serve others, witness to God's faithfulness and be obedient to God through works that He has prepared for us. To that end, the Holy Spirit equips us with His gifts, and transforms
us to be increasingly like Christ.
We believe that salvation is found only in Jesus Christ. His sacrificial death, in which He bore the punishment due to us sinners, is the only and all-sufficient basis of God's provision of salvation for all people of every culture and age. By God's grace alone the repentant sinner, trusting in Christ alone, is put right with God, adopted by the Father into His family and receives eternal life. We are called to go into the entire world and witness to that truth, both in our words and also in our actions.
We believe that the Church is the body of Christ in the world, made up of all those who have been born of the Spirit, and confess and proclaim Christ crucified. It finds local expression in communities of believers called by God to worship, fellowship, proclaim the Gospel, make disciples, reflect God's character, engage in works of compassion and contend for truth and justice.
|Core Values and Priciples |
LAMB is evangelical in that we seek to uphold the following characteristics:
* The authority of Scripture
* Christ alone is our Savior from sin
* Personal holiness
* Social holiness
* Experiential faith
* World mission
LAMB is interdenominational in vision and service, partnering with any who believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. LAMB believes in seeking God's will as a community of believers. The Honduran staff and board will make most operational decisions. The U.S. staff and board affirms the Honduran leadership, gives council and support, and counts it a privilege to co-labor with them to fulfill God's will. LAMB believes that our wide circle of intercessors and prayer partners is an essential element of our ministry and we rely on their prayer support. LAMB believes that God richly provides us with all that we need, and is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. Being a faith ministry, all financial needs will be taken to the Lord in prayer. We will communicate the needs of the ministry and trust that God will provide. Only grants that concur with the principles of LAMB will be pursued. We will not compromise the principles of our ministry, particularly regarding our Christian identity and focus. LAMB is committed to avoiding debt. LAMB will adhere to a principle of transparency in regards to all financial matters. We invite all to participate in praying for LAMB's economic provision. However, we recognize and believe that the burden of this provision rests in the heart of Jesus.